Old Hastings House was acquired by the Magdalen and Lasher Charity in 1981 and is run on a not-for-profit basis.
The main building is a fine house that was built in 1700 and became the home for an eighteenth century mayor of Hastings. Standing in its own grounds the house has 44 en-suite bedrooms, three-quarters of which are situated within the two extensions built in the 1980s. Our Magdalen Higher Care Suite has a further 15 en-suite bedrooms.
Priding itself on its family atmosphere, Old Hastings House has fine views across Hastings Old Town and is located within walking distance of local shops and amenities.