There are 77 staff under the direction of the Manager and all care staff have appropriate vocational qualifications. Staff turnover is very low.
All residents have a ‘key worker’: a member of the Care Staff who will help residents attend to their personal needs, shopping etc.
Visitors are welcome at any time and friends and family are encouraged to be involved with residents care.
Residents may furnish their rooms with personal effects and items of their own furniture, provided that they comply with Fire Safety Standards.
All residents are offered a choice of meals on a daily basis, three meals are served each day as well as morning coffee and afternoon tea. There are also five tea corners located throughout the house for residents to make their own refreshments and light snacks.
- Various ‘in house’ activities take place regularly including a monthly residents meeting, quizzes, coffee morning and lunch club.
- There is a hairdresser and chiropodist who visit residents at the Home.
- The home’s minibus is used for trips to places of interest.
- All laundry is washed on the premises.
- There is CCTV covering all entrances to ensure the safety of all residents.
- Old Hastings House caters for the religious and cultural needs of the residents.
- There is an Anglican Chaplain who is accessible to all residents.
- Church of England Communion Service is held once a fortnight.
- There is a Sunday service each week taken by visiting ministers from different denominations on a rota.
- There are Roman Catholic and Anglican parish churches within two hundred yards.